- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “The Promoter” refers to Asetek AS, “The Entrant” refers to the person submitting an entry to the design competition, “The Competition” refers to the Asetek SimSports Sim Rig Design Competition, the “Prize” refers to:
- a. 3 (three) Asetek SimSports Invicta Pedal sets (brake/throttle and clutch)
- By entering the Competition, you (“The Entrant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Asetek reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, act of God or any event outside Asetek’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- All entries must be received by 31 January 2022.
- Entries will be accepted in 3D file format, hand sketches, glass fiber concepts, full rig designs, manufacturing thoughts, methods, and concepts to a prototype. If the entry is electronic, an upload destination will be provided upon request if the file is too large to be sent over regular email. Physical specimens should be submitted and sent to Asetek AS, Assensvej 2, 9220 Aalborg, Denmark, Attention Solveig Malvik. Email entries should be submitted to email@example.com
- The full risk and costs (including but not limited to all transport costs, postal charges, courier charges, insurance costs, governmental/jurisdictional approvals and licenses and any other costs necessary or likely) shall be borne solely and fully by the Entrant.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete, or otherwise invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the rules.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition.
- Proof of posting or emailing will not be accepted as proof of delivery.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorized access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
GRANTS AND LICENSES:
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant fully and unreservedly grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, full and unfettered ownership and license to showcase and publish any and all of the following (in full accordance with the unfettered discretion of the Promoter) in relation to the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” worldwide free of any fee, in perpetuity, and without need for the Promoter to credit and name the Entrant or the author(s) of the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata”, and without need for the Promoter to otherwise first seek approval/permission from the Entrant or any third party:
- a. Broadcast the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” including on videos, websites, blogs, on any computer network (including the Internet) and the like (whether such broadcast is in digital form, analogue, film or otherwise);
- b. Exhibit the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” on the web, at events, in own offices, or wherever is deemed suitable;
- c. Publish, print and distribute the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” in any media, including (but not limited to) any magazine, advertisement, book, catalogue, periodical, publication, leaflet, document and the like;
- d. Copy, manufacture and distribute copies of the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” in any form (whether analogue, digital or otherwise), including (but not limited to) videos, movies, DVDs, CDs, digital files and the like;
- e. Publish and distribute the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” in the form of a web page or digital file on any computer network (including the Internet);
- f. Promote the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” in any manner deemed fit and suitable by the Competition and in full accordance with the full and unfettered discretion of the Competition;
- g. Showcase the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” in any trade show, event and the like;
- h. Destroy, discard or otherwise dispose of the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” and copies thereof in the possession of the Competition, and
- i. Otherwise use the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata”.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the Promoter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in publication and online
- The Competition is organized on a world-wide basis.
- Employees of The Promoter are not eligible to enter.
- Only original entries are accepted. When submitting an entry to the Competition, the Entrant confirms that the entry is not under commercial license to another company, person or entity, is not currently under production or pre-production in any location.
SELECTION OF WINNER AND AWARD
- The Prizes will be awarded to the 3 (three) best entries, as decided by an Asetek selection committee consisting of Asetek CEO André Sloth Eriksen as well as members of the Asetek SimSports engineering team. The committee may invite other members if it deems necessary and is under no obligation to publicize this decision.
- Three (3) winners will be selected on originality, exclusivity, and commercial potential by the selection committee.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall legally obligate or require the Promoter to perform any or all the following:
- justify, reveal or explain their processes, inner workings and standards;
- justify, reveal or explain their decisions and ultimate results at the end of the adjudication process.
- The Promoter will not be held liable if any of the named prize becomes unavailable or cannot be fulfilled.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with the Competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the cost price of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the Competition or any Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the Promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- The winners will be notified over email as soon as the selection committee has made its decision, at the latest by mid-February 2022.
- The selection committee shall examine the Entrant’s Application in order to verify that all information contained within such application conforms with all required formats and that all information necessary for full and proper adjudication has been provided for and properly and clearly indicated within the application.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall legally oblige or require the promoter to verify the accuracy or truth of the information contained in the Entrant’s Application.
- All Parties acknowledge that the Promoter be entitled to require of the Entrant or request in writing any and all of the following:
- any further information necessary for the proper assessment and adjudication of the Entrant’s Application;
- a correction and re-submission of the Entrant’s Application where such application was not filled in properly;
- any further information or documents necessary to properly verify the accuracy or truth of the information contained in the Entrant’s Application.
- In furtherance of the above, no further processing of the Entrant’s Application shall occur unless and until an appropriate written reply has been properly communicated to the Promoter within a reasonable time and before the Competition Closing Date.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable, and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value. The Promoter will pay for shipping of item to the winners, while winners will be responsible for tax or import duties in destination country.
- The name, address, email address and phone number of the winners must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable fulfilment of the Prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name and social media username may be posted on the social media profiles of The Promotor after the winners has been selected.
- Only Entrants who have submitted works declared as Competition Award Winners shall be informed by email; the Promoter bears no obligation to inform any parties who have not been declared by the Promoter as winners of the Competition.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent the Promoter from altering, changing, reconfiguring, or adapting the advertising, promotion and marketing of the winning Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” (whether such appears in the any publications, on the Promoter Online Exhibition or on any of the media stipulated earlier or otherwise) where in its discretion it is appropriate to do so in light of localization factors, differing environments, language differences, cultural differences, differing commercial markets and the like.
- All methods, schedules, timelines, internal procedures and processes and the like with regard to the examination, filtering, approval, adjudication and announcement stages above shall be performed and executed by the Promoter in accordance with its sole, full and unfettered discretion, with no requirement for the Promoter to inform the Entrant of the details of any such methods, schedules, timelines, internal procedures and processes and the like.
- The Promoter may at any time attempt to respond, answer and reply to any requests, queries or questions communicated by the Entrant to the Competition; however, nothing in this Agreement shall legally obligate or require the promoter to make such response, answer or reply.
- The Entrant explicitly grants the Promoter permission to keep the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” or copies of the Entrants “Work(s), Information and Metadata” for internal archival and storage purposes; as such, nothing in this Agreement shall obligate the Promoter to return to the Entrant any of the Entrant’s “Work(s), Information and Metadata” (and copies thereof) in the possession the Promoter upon the expiry or premature termination of this Agreement.
- The Promoter is in no way or manner obliged to implement the winning design in future sim rig design.
Intellectual Property: AsetekSimSports.com is the exclusive property of Asetek. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the Services are the property of Asetek or their respective owners. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Asetek, you agree that nothing in this Agreement gives you a right to use any of Asetek trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. You further agree that you shall not use any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo of any other company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
Questions: Should you have any questions regarding this Agreement you may contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: This Agreement was last updated on December 15, 2021.
© 2021 Asetek AS
Asetek and Asetek SimSports logo are the exclusive properties of Asetek AS