Forte™ Sim Racing Pedals Brake and Throttle
Forte® – Installation
Updated on September 21, 2022
This section will teach you how to get your pedals set up and running. Later in the manual, you will learn much more about fine-tuning and software.
Installing your Pedals
To mount the pedals in your cockpit, you will need the following tools:
- Allen key, 3 mm (included)
- Allen key, 5 mm (included)
- Key wrench (not included)
Depending on your rig and mounting preference, you may also need the following tools:
- Pencil or marker
- Power drill
Mounting to your Rig
The pedals are intended to be solely used while mounted to a sim racing rig.
Do not use the pedals without mounting them as they may shift during use and cause injury to you, bystanders, or your cockpit.
CAUTION: The pedals have four (4) mounting holes in fixed positions. As such, all adjustments to the positioning of the base must be handled by your rig.
The baseplate is designed to be used with M6 screws, and holes in your rig should be with Ø6,4 diameter. It is also compatible with the included M6 slot nuts.
The Asetek SimSports® Forte® pedals are designed to withstand an extreme amount of braking force. Therefore, it is paramount that you install them on a very rigid base. Ideal conditions are in, aluminum profile cockpits, or a thick metal baseplate (as a minimum, we recommend: 3 mm, steel).
Mounting your pedals:
1. Carefully remove excess dust and debris from the installation location.
2. Place the pedals in their designated spot in your rig.
3. Align the holes in the pedals to four existing mounting holes in your sim rig, if available. Please note that the throttle assembly can be removed to access the mounting hole underneath easily.
Caution: Do not use the pedals without mounting them.
a. Remove the rod clevis lock pin
b. Lift the rod
c. Remove the rod from the pivot bracket
You can now access the mounting hole easily.
4. Mount the pedals to the existing holes using the four (4) provided M6x20 screws, four (4) washers, and four (4) nuts or four (4) M6 slot nuts (depending on your rig).
If there are no holes available or they do not line up, you can use the mounting hole schematics available here: www.asetek.com/simsports/product/forte-pedals-brake-and-throttle/ or continue to step 5:
5. Mark the drilling locations.
6. Remove the pedals and drill four (4) Ø6.4 mm holes.
7. Mount the pedals to the holes using the four (4) provided M6x20 screws, four (4) washers, and four (4) bolts or M6 slot nuts (depending on your rig).
Congratulations. You have successfully mounted your Asetek SimSports® Forte® Pedals to your rig. Enjoy the ride!
Note: If your rig is placed up against a wall, please make sure that there are minimum 5 cm of air between the rear of the brake cylinder and the wall, to avoid unnecessary friction between the two.
Caution: Please be aware that edges on the rod clevis can be sharp