Donate to St. Jude, Fight Childhood Cancer, and Win An Alienware Aurora R12
Most of the contests we’re a part of are just giveaways. They’re great, and I’m jealous because I want to win too, but they’re just that. Giveaways.
Through the end of May however, you’ll have the chance to win an Alienware Aurora. If you’re the top donor. Asetek has partnered with Alienware to give away a monster Aurora gaming rig to the biggest donor to St Jude’s Hospital.
The St Jude Play Live campaign streams your favorite games live while raising money with a simple goal: bring childhood cancer survival rates to 100%. So for the whole month of may they’ll be streaming and fundraising.
And what does the top donor win? The following rig:
- Alienware Aurora R12 Gaming Desktop
- 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 11900KF (8-core, 16MB cache with Asetek Liquid Cooling
- Windows 10 Pro
- NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3090
- 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz
- 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
- 4 years of premium support
- Alienware 34″ Curved Gaming Monitor
- New Alienware Low Profile RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | AW510K
- New Alienware Wired/Wireless Gaming Mouse | AW610M
- Alienware 7.1 Gaming Headset | AW510H
- Alienware S500 Gaming Chair
As of this writing, the fundraising goal of $20,000 was reached, and the current stretch goal is $7,630 short. Donations will conclude at the end of the month; there are a handful of additional stretch goals, all the way up to $50,000. There are also a ton of rewards to earn based on your donations! Lots of games donated by game developers and publishers, though most of the available physical stuff is already sold out or only available for raffles.
For the record, the Alienware Aurora R12, as-is, retails for $7,039.86, including the accessories. The current highest bid? $5,000.