1.1) This Cookie and Data Protection Policy explains how your data are collected and otherwise processed by Asetek Danmark A/S (“we” or “us”) when your visit our website www.asetek.com and disclose your personal data, or when we, as part of our daily operations, collects and store personal data about customers, business partners and suppliers. Such data may either derive from your entries, or they are collected automatically when you visit our website.
1.2) We would like to present an easy-to-read and easy-to operate website with offers and information about the products developed by us. For this purpose, we use the technologies required to collect, analyse, and classify data about how you and other operators use the website. Below, you can see what data we collect, how we process them, and who you can contact if you have questions or comments on the Cookie and Data Protection Policy.
1.3) If data collected by us are attributed to you (“personal data”), we ensure that such data collection is always subject to your prior consent. We do not collect any other personal data by means of our website than those described below. By using our website, you accept concurrently this Cookie and Data Protection Policy.
1.4) For convenience, we have divided these terms and conditions into a Part I, viz. the data protection part, and a Part II dealing with the cookies used by us.
2. Protection of your personal data
2.1) According to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”), we are required as a business enterprise to meet several obligations in reference to the protection of your personal data.
2.2) Data controller:
The legal entity in charge of processing your personal data is
Asetek Danmark A/S,
CVR reg.no. (DK) 25210980,
Assensvej 2, DK-9220 Aalborg, Denmark.
Inquiries regarding this Cookie and Data Protection Policy may be sent by email to: [email protected]
2.3) Collection and processing of personal data
By means of our website and the associated technical solutions, we collect the following categories of personal data for the following specific purposes:
A. Conclusion and administration of purchase agreement:
Services in reference to your purchases on our website.
Personal data are used to administer the transaction, e.g. in connection with payments for your purchase of goods and services. In that connection, we process your name, address, email address, telephone number, and payment details (including credit card information). The grounds for this processing are implied in Article 6.1.b (contract performance) of the GDPR. These data originate either directly from you or from a person representing you.
As required, and if it falls within our scope of purpose, we may share the data with the following categories of recipients: our suppliers and distributors, including IT suppliers, supporters, suppliers of goods, and financial institutions with whom we cooperate to assist our business
We store such data only as long as this is necessary to fulfill the purpose, probably until 3 years after the end of the contractual relationship. Data about your purchases and payments are, however, always stored for 5 years plus the present year in accordance with the requirements of the Danish Bookkeeping Act.
The commercial terms and conditions in relation to the agreement concluded are not governed by this document; however, general reference is made to: https://www.asetek.com/simsports/terms-conditions/
B. Signing on our newsletters
Personal data are used for marketing purposes, e.g. for targeting our communication with you based on your areas of interest and focus, e.g. by submission of newsletters.
We process the following categories of personal data about your:
- Name, email address and telephone number
These data originate either directly from you or from a person representing you.
The grounds for our processing are implied in Article 6.1.a (consent) of the GDPR.
The data will not be shared with any other companies.
We will store your personal data only as long as this is necessary for the specific purpose, however, not longer than 2 years after your withdrawal of consent to receive newsletters.
C. Optimization of website and profiling
With a view to improving the layout of our website and targeting the marketing of our products, we collect the following personal data: Name, address, email, telephone number, IP address, and cookies. Such data collection is motivated by the following purposes:
- (1) When you use our website, data are collected about user traffic on the website, including the pages visited. Such data are used to optimize the user experience on our website and to arrange the website to best effect. See below in the paragraph on cookies for further information.
- (2) Marketing: Personal data are used for targeted marketing purposes and for communicating with you on the basis of your areas of interest and focus, including for sending you relevant marketing material by way of e.g. newsletters (provided you have signed on our newsletter service). Such data are not shared with advertisers but are merely used to design a profile of our users.
The grounds for our data processing are implied in Article 6.1.f of the GDPR (a necessity for the purpose of pursuing legitimate interests in reference to marketing and of improving our website).
We may share your personal data with suppliers with whom we cooperate in reference to our website. We store the data only as long as this is necessary in the interests of the specific purpose, always provided, however, that the basic data are deleted no later than 3 years after collection thereof. The marketing consent is stored for 2 years after the latest use thereof.
3.2) A cookie is a text file enabling the saving of data or access to data already saved on your computer, tablet, smartphone, data terminal equipment, or any other similar device for the purpose of collecting data about you and recognizing the device. Data collected from cookies are e.g. used to analyse your conduct on the website and give you an optimum experience. A cookie is a passive file and therefore incapable of spreading computer virus or other harmful software. Cookies exist both as first party and third-party cookies, and we use both kinds.
4. Disclosure of personal data
In addition to the disclosures listed above in section 2, we will disclose your email address, Areas of interest and name (if you have consented to this in our cookie bot) to Facebook and Google to target marketing on Facebook and other Internet sites to you. In some cases, Facebook and Google will link this data to other data to predict your usage pattern. This means that the information we share with them can be used to target banners and/or text ads to you across the Internet. This is called retargeting but is not the same as direct marketing.
5. Transfer to countries outside the EU (or EEA)
5.1) Basically, we do not need to transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU, and our existing cooperation partners are all located within EU. In specific situations, however, we may be forced to transfer data to third countries outside the EU/EEA. In such situations, we will, however, always ensure that we have the required technical and contractual guarantees, and that the EU approved schemes are complied with.
6. Your rights in reference to personal data
6.1) You have the following rights:
- You have the right to access, correct or delete your personal data. Any changes required in the credit card information provided may be made via the website or by use of our app.
- You also have the right to oppose any processing of your personal data and to have the processing of your personal data limited.
- You have an absolute right to oppose any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the legality of the processing made prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- You have the right to receive the personal data provided by yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability)
- You may always file a complaint to a data protection authority, e.g. the Danish Data Protection Agency.
6.2) If you wish to exercise your rights, or if you have any questions or comments on this Cookie and Data Protection Policy, please feel free to contact [email protected]