Warm Water Total Server Cooling for Data Centers
RackCDU ISAC™ sealed servers with In-Server Air Conditioning capture nearly 100% of server heat providing data center cooling cost reductions exceeding 50%. By capturing almost 100% of the heat from server racks, ISAC provides a key element for OEMs which need to provide thermally “room neutral” data centers as part of their offerings. ISAC also provides a method of providing reliable data center operations in extreme environments where pollutants, dust and dirt are a factor in overall air quality. As a sealed system, ISAC eliminates concerns with air quality.
Like RackCDU D2C™, ISAC includes direct-to-chip coolers for CPU, GPU and co-processor cooling. What makes ISAC unique is the inclusion of In-Server Air Conditioners which enable ISAC to cool the remaining components without exchanging air between servers and the data center.
RackCDU ISAC is deployed at a rack/server level providing maximum scalability. RackCDU ISAC™ typically has the RackCDU mounted in the server rack (In-RackCDU) along with the servers themselves and collects the heat from the servers without sharing any cooling liquid. In-RackCDU does not to take up any additional aisle space as it its mounted in the top 3U or 4U of the rack. Alternatively, ISAC has the option of using Vertical-RackCDU. The Vertical-RackCDU consists of a zero-U rack level CDU (Cooling Distribution Unit) mounted in a 10.5 inch rack extension to the back of the rack that includes space for 3 additional PDUs.
Features and Benefits
- Captures nearly 100% of server heat
- Enables thermal “room neutral” server racks
- Sealed server airflow mitigates air quality concerns
- No air is exchanged between servers and the data center
- Provides data center cooling cost reductions exceeding 50%
- Reduced data center OpEx and CapEx
- Virtually eliminates the need for data center CRAC
- Surveillance/alarm system supports DCIM via SNMP
- Low pressure, redundant pumps for reliability
- 2.5x-5x increases in server density